SecureMag™ is a 100mm magnetic stripe card reader that offers retailers a complete and reliable security solution. This intelligent reader delivers superior reading performance while encrypting sensitive data that complies with PCI-DSS requirements. The SecureMag ensures all data transactions are protected from end to end reducing fraud and data compromises. Data encryption prevents card holder information from being accessed when data is stored or in transit. It also allows customers the flexibility to choose a decryption party right for them. The SecureMag supports TDES and AES data encryption using DUKPT key management.
Each SecureMag card reader is assigned a unique serial number for tracking purposes. Encrypted data output with confirmation data in clear text form is programmable up to the first six digits and the last four digits of the account number. For increased data protection, SecureMag has several operational security levels allowing the user to select the security profile needed for the application.
The uniquely designed flat surface allows for mounting in different orientations using threaded inserts or Velcro®. The cable can exit through the side or bottom which provides flexibility in mounting options.
- Reader can function as a standard reader, or can be configured to an encrypted reader
- Each device includes a unique serial number
- Provides clear text confirmation data including card holder’s name and a portion of the PAN as part of the masked track data
- Powered through USB port, no external power supply required
- Bidirectional card reading
- Reads encoded data that meets ANSI/ISO/AAMVA standards and most custom formats such as ISO track one format on track two or three
- Reads up to three tracks of card data
- Clear identification of successful card reads with a beeper and tricolored LED indicators
- Supports TDES & AES encryption (TDES is standard)
- DUKPT key management